UC Berkeley

Multiple housing options are available to students in the Dual Degree program. Some of the housing options at UC Berkeley include:

  • International House - International House is a residential and program center located at the top of campus and welcomes U.S. and international students, visiting scholars, researchers, and postdocs. Undergraduates have access to double occupancy rooms and all rooms come with a meal plan.
  • University Residence Halls - Many students live in dormitories. Located just a few short blocks from campus, these single, double, and triple occupancy rooms come with a meal.
  • Sublets - Get connected with UC Berkeley students who plan to leave their houses and apartments for the semester or year and are searching for someone to take over their rent while they are away.
  • Berkeley Lab Guest House - Located in the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory campus, guests can access the UC Berkeley campus via shuttle bus, car, bicycle, or foot. It offers standard, large, and studio rooms.
  • Berkeley Student Co-op -This affordable housing option offers a unique student experience. Rooms are in an apartment, rooming houses, or room and hoard house with predominantly Berkeley students and include a mandatory work shift for two to five hours each week.
  • Off-Campus Housing - Check out UC Berkeley’s Housing website for more information.


The University of Hong Kong

All first-year students, including Dual Degree students, have access to and are guaranteed a space in a residence hall at HKU. Students simply need to complete the online registration and contract.

Non-local (non-HK) students: accommodation is guaranteed in year one. Students can apply online through CEDARS (Centre of Development and Resources for Students). Details of the application procedure for non-local students and available hall options are found here.

Local students (holders of a Hong Kong permanent card) are to apply for accommodation in August directly to the respective halls and housing is guaranteed. There are two documents informing students of the procedures:

Document 1

Document 2